Yum yum, our 5 new mac & cheeses are now available!
Say "Cheeeeeeese!", because we have five new mac & cheeses for you to discover, to start the new year with a smile on your face and on your tummy.
Where does the famous mac & cheese come from?
This delicious pasta dish topped with a creamy cheese sauce wasn't invented yesterday. It was popularized in the early 1800’s by U.S. President Thomas Jefferson, who added it to the menu of a formal White House meal after discovering it a few years earlier. This is how the love affair between mac & cheese and the Americans was born.
In Quebec, it was in the early 1900's, with the rise of the Cheddar cheese industry that brought down the prices of this smooth, tasty and creamy delicacy, that every family already had its secret recipe for mac & cheese, just like spaghetti sauce or pie dough. Since then, mac & cheese has become a comfort food loved by all and a classic for most North American families.
5 completely decadent mac & cheese dishes for you to discover!
Our 5 new mac & cheese dishes made with delicious Cavatappi pasta, creamy three-cheese sauce and Le Cantonier cheese from Quebec, will please both gourmets and the more conservative among you:
- The Timeless: Topped with green onions and crispy onions. A classic!
- The Philly: Topped with Philly steak, caramelized onions and crispy onions.
- The High Flyers: Topped with green onions and crispy onions and with 3 spicy chicken wings.
- The Popstar: Topped with popcorn shrimp, bacon, green onions and crispy onions.
- The Queb: We dared! French fries, creamy three-cheese sauce, ground beef, caramelized onions, roasted mushrooms, poutine cheese and crispy onions.
Coors Light, for an extra yum...
For an extra yum, add a Coors Light beer to your meal; light, lager-like, brewed below zero to give it a fresh and distinct taste, it's the perfect choice to accompany our mac & cheeses... kind of like peanut butter and jelly.